7 Ways To Protect Your Floors When Moving
Moving is not only a tiresome project but can also be a costly activity if you leave scars, scrapes, or cause damage to your floors or even carpets. Moving heavy furniture across rooms can results in the destruction of tile, damage to wood floors, linoleum, carpets, and rugs. Additionally, wooden floors lose their protective coat of polish over time, and many objects if not properly moved will leave marks that will probably need repairing. If you have just hired a moving company in Hickory NC hopefully, they will take appropriate measures to protect floors, walls, carpets, and even doors and thresholds. Below are some useful tips from North Carolina’s largest and most successful moving company Tru-Pak Moving Systems. Tru-Pak Moving is a licensed, bonded, and insured independent agent for United Van Lines. They have been serving the needs of North Carolinians for over 60 years.
Here Are Some Useful Tips to Protect Your Floors When Completing a Move:
- Always place mats and rugs at the doorways: Moving certain items can involve a lot of dust and debris which should be kept away from being left in the inside of the house. Protecting your carpets and other sensitive objects are important from individuals coming and going through doorways performing their duties. It is essential to keep all of these foreign substances from entering your house and with the help of welcome mats and rugs at your doorways this can be accomplished.
- Wood flooring can be protected using floor runners: Wooden flooring should be covered with floor runners to gain the most protection against damage. This is especially true if have a staircase you’re trying to protect from furniture marks, scratches, and even dents.
- Using carpet masking: Carpet masking tapes which are similar to plastic stretch wraps, cling strongly to most surfaces. This may prevent any of the household items from leaving dirt and debris when moved. Carpets, rugs, and even flooring can also be saved from dirt coming in on helper’s shoes and other packaging items like dollies and lifts.
- Wrapping furniture and even legs with towels or heavy rags: Furniture legs should be wrapped with towels or moving blankets to prevent them from damaging the floor. This can also save delicate furniture legs from being chiseled, scraped, or dented unnecessarily in all the movement.
- The Use of Plywood Sheets: Plywood sheets can be an amazing floor protector, especially when you are moving large furniture items or major appliances that can damage flooring. Also, the use of thin plywood as a floor protectorate can also make moving heavy items easier because movers will not have to protect the plywood sheets. Moving furniture over thresholds using the same plywood sheets are perfect for providing a thick barrier between the furniture legs and edges, and the door thresholds.
- Sliding Furniture Options: Furniture sliders are a great way to move furniture and even some other objects over carpet. This allows one to avoid the hassle of moving heavily weighted objects and prevent damage to backs and muscles. Shoe booties can also be used to wrap the legs of the furniture when sliding it on tiled or hardwood flooring without the need for a lot of effort. Shoe booties can also safeguard your floors. This method of course doesn’t work on carpets.
- Cotton, Woolen Sheets, and Blankets: Old cotton or woolen sheets and blankets are a good barrier to protect flooring. These materials protect floors as well as furniture from being damaged, incurring scratches, dents, and scraps.
Professional Moving Company in Hickory NC
If you are a do-it-yourselfer mover, it is essential to communicate with your family, friends, or hired helpers how important it is to protect floors, walls, doors, and even thresholds when moving items and furniture. Professional moving companies like Tru-Pak Moving Systems will tell you what you can expect in terms of protecting your floor and carpets and can also explain what methods they will implement. If you are in need of professional movers, call the highly trained and skilled moving experts at Tru-Pak Moving Systems for a completely hassle-free and efficient moving experience. Our number one priority is to make sure your belongings are moved safely, professionally, and damaged free. Call us today for a free, no-obligation moving quote at (800) 659-1233 ext. 210 and experience the Tru-Pak Moving difference.