Guide for Moving to Ashville NC
If you are planning on moving to the gorgeous city of Asheville North Carolina there are few items about the town and surrounding area you will want to know. First, according to a recent article in Forbes Magazine, Asheville is listed as one of the best places to live and work in North Carolina.
Located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina, elevation 2,100 ft, Asheville is a medium-sized city of just under 100,000 residents. Historic architecture coupled with a vibrant and eclectic artist community with supporting museums and galleries, the downtown area has experienced a 20th-century renaissance. Due to its diverse culture of attractions, outdoor venues, and family-oriented activities, Asheville boasts of numerous employment opportunities in businesses large and small.
There are many decades-old businesses ready to help you enjoy the good life Asheville has to offer. One such company is Tru-Pak Moving Systems, one of North Carolina’s oldest and largest independent moving companies in Asheville NC since 1960. Tru-Pak Moving is a North Carolina staple and has set the standard for quality and service. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured, local, long-distance and nationwide mover ready to move you and your family anywhere in the lower 48 states. We are also an independent agent for United Van Lines and proud of it.
Some of the major aspects to keep in mind when moving to the Asheville area:
- Get accustomed to living in an eclectic, historic city: If you are moving to Asheville from a smaller hamlet or town, you’ll be surprised to know how much diversity there is in a small city the size of Asheville. Getting accustomed to living in a sparsely populated community or even rural neighborhood with the city center only minutes away is a real treat.
- Find the right neighborhood to live in according to your needs: From historic to contemporary neighborhoods, Asheville welcomes new residents with open arms embracing many different types of ethnic groups, making for a truly diverse locale.
- River Arts District: Has beautiful streets, parks and an idyllic area of over 200 artist studios attracting the young and older alike. This is a great place to find those one-of-a kind pieces of sculpture, watercolor, oils or even multi-media pieces of art.
- Weaverville: Located just north of town in the Reem’s Creek Valley this town is an ideal town for children and parents of all age groups. Replete with trendy bistros, clubs and art galleries, etc.
- Black Mountain: Located just 15 miles outside of Asheville, this area is a quintessential small town offering a charming downtown, thriving arts, crafts, music and even a writer’s haven.
- Wellington Estates and Arden: A southside community complete with many living-facility options, ideal neighborhoods for families with kids and affordable housing.
- Downtown: You can find great food, clubs, nightlife, antique shops and shops and galleries representing local artists. One of the fastest growing neighborhood areas of town.
- You can really enjoy the weather: Asheville prides itself on having very temperate weather in the summer months and a winter haven for sporting activities which makes it an amazing tourist destination. The summers are not too hot, and the winters are typically moderate with abundant snow in the nearby mountains. You can always enjoy different types of outdoor activities year-round.
- Cost Effective Residence: Asheville is not a very difficult community to purchase, or rent property in and the cost of living is relatively moderate compared to many other metropolitan cities in North Carolina. This makes this attractive area an affordable option for many.
- Healthcare service: The healthcare services and facilities in Asheville are second to none. Asheville is a centralized medical city provider for many rural communities in and around the city and western part of the state.
If you are moving to Asheville NC, you need to call Tru-Pak Moving Systems for all the services and expertise they can provide. We offer free moving estimates and online quotes and many unique moving services such as scalable packing services, the assignment of a “Moving Coordinator” to every move we book, and an individualized team of movers to load, transport, and deliver your possessions anywhere in the country including one of our favorite towns, Asheville North Carolina. We have a proven track record of service to our customers and the lowest damage rates in the moving industry. Give us a call today at 800-659-1233.