Items People Forget During A Move
If you have ever been responsible for planning a move you know that as the moving date approaches you are scrambling to get everything on your list completed as fast as possible. It is always inevitable you will forget something so below we have compiled a list of some of the most common things people moving forget to accomplish before the big day arrives. These 5 important items are brought to you by Tru-Pak Moving Systems, Rutherfordton’s home town moving specialist since 1960.
- Membership Cancellations. Moving across town, across the state or to a completely different part of the country you will want to cancel any memberships that are not transferable. Business networking organizations like BNI for instance only require a change of location and some national gyms have membership opportunities in thousands of locations. But small localized businesses like Yoga or tanning salons might need cancelations especially if the dues are reoccurring or monthly. You don’t want to waste money on services you can no longer take advantage of. Don’t cancel your frequent customer cards if there are no fees and those stores are available where you are relocating. If you are thinking about moving then you need to familiarize yourself with cancelation policies of any memberships you might not need. Make sure any subscriptions of newspapers or magazines have your new address and time of subscription transfers for new delivery.
- Home Goods You Will Be Taking. Many times, when in the throws of moving a house we forget to remember to make a list of the items that are either hardwired or fixed to walls we want to remove, pack and transfer like curtain rods, book shelves, brackets for household items, maybe for hanging up sporting equipment or bicycles etc. If you had a use for these items in your current home you will probably want them in your next or be ready to buy them again. Mirrors are usually forgotten or closet items you purchased to help hang or store items like belts, ties or even shoes. Locks on gates, potted plants and maybe even yard hoses will all be needed in your new home.
- Finding Free Boxes. One of the largest out-of-pocket expenses when moving a home is box purchases. Even if you are hiring a premier Moving Company in Rutherfordton NC that will help you pack certain items you will be surprised at how many boxes you will need to buy for all the items even a small house will have. Many large stores such as Walmart or Target might have free boxes that are in good shape and broken down for you to take free of charge. Get as many as you can you can always return any unused. You might also want to check out Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to see if anyone has cardboard boxes they are disposing.
- Personnel Records. Now is a good time to completely review all of the records you have been storing like IRS tax records or old bills, receipt on products bought, things you don’t need anymore. These can be some of the last things we think about because many times they are themselves stored in boxes and can be easily moved but should they. Maybe you have old work files and haven’t gotten around in years to clean out what you saved and don’t need anymore. Save yourself time, money and headaches by taking this opportunity to review and open all those old boxes and see if they are worth keeping and moving with you.
- Important Documents and Tasks. Always keep important documents like veterinarian records, doctors reports or even school records if you have them in a safe and convenient and marked box. Don’t forget to notify everyone you have accounts with about your intended move like the Post Office, cable company, electric company, DMV and of course your children’s school for records transfers.
Why Hire Tru-Pak Moving Systems?
At Tru-Pak Moving Systems we have a customer portal website with all types of do’s and don’ts, calendars for moving, and task time frames to be completed. @ Tru-Pak.Com you can find these and many other resources available. You can even request a moving estimate completed by a moving estimate specialist on staff. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured independent agent for United Van Lines. We have over 60 years of serving the residents of Rutherfordton with affordable moving and storage services. Tru-Pak Moving has moved thousands of North Carolinians for over half a century to everywhere in the United States. We specialize in residential and commercial moving but our services don’t stop there. We offer business moves, office moves, and employee relocations, and military personnel, change of duty station moves anywhere globally. Give us a call at 800-659-1233 and talk to one of our highly trained moving professionals that can answer any question you might have about your next move.