UniGroup recently learned it has been awarded, alongside a team of strategic partners, the new multiyear GHC by U.S. Transportation Command (TRANSCOM) valued at $7.2 billion for the transition and three-year introductory phase. With approximately 400,000 domestic and international shipments a year, this is a game-changer in our industry. American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier (ARC) is the prime contractor and will lead the team responsible for providing global relocation services for the Department of Defense (DoD) and U.S. Coast Guard.
Team ARC purposefully and strategically assembled its team from leaders in the moving, logistics and technology industries. The team will lead a full-service, worldwide relocation effort focused on improving the quality of service provided to service members, their families and DoD civilians under the GHC. Ultimately, the goal of Team ARC is to reduce the burden and stress on service members and their families through providing an integrated, state-of-the-art commercial technology platform, Homefront Solutions. Team ARC is committed to three program-specific priorities: take care of the troops, execute on GHC intent and deliver on TRANSCOM’s mission and priorities.
While we are elated to share the news with you, the details of the proposal are still incredibly sensitive at this time. It is very possible there will be a protest period lasting up to 100 days. It is almost standard practice for an unsuccessful bidder to file a protest on an award to reassess its position. In the interim, we will be working to move the program forward behind the scenes. Team ARC will be able to share additional details after the protest filing window has passed or any protest has been decided. Because of this, we ask any media inquiries be forwarded to UniGroup’s Director Corporate Communications Eily Cummings.
We look forward to building a premier program and partnering with our agency network to offer an exceptional customer experience for our service men and women.
What is the Global Household Goods Contract (GHC)?
Under GHC, a single commercial move manager was appointed to oversee activities relating to the domestic and international movement and storage-in-transit of household goods. Team ARC will provide all personnel, equipment, facilities, tools, materials, supervision and other items and services necessary to provide global household goods (HHG) relocation services. GHC includes an initial nine-month transition period that, assuming no delays due to protests, will commence in May 2020. The contract may run through 2028 if all options and awards are exercised by the government.
How long will the contract last?
Including all transition and option periods, the GHC has the potential to run for more than nine years. Assuming no delays due to protest, a nine-month transition period will begin in May 2020 to make preparations for an anticipated first shipment date of Feb. 1, 2021.
Who is Team ARC?
Along with the prime contractor, American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier Group Inc., Team ARC is comprised of the following entities:
- UniGroup is the parent of United Van Lines, the largest moving company in North America, and Mayflower Transit, the fourth largest moving company in North America.
- Atlas World Group, the parent of Atlas Van Lines, founded in 1948, is the second largest moving company brand within the United States.
- Suddath is a 100-year old logistics (local and global), corporate and residential, relocation company and is currently the single largest domestic and international U.S. Government and military HHG supplier.
- The Pasha Group is a family-owned, diversified global logistics and transportation company serving military customers since 1947 and the Defense Personal Property Program since 1980.
- Deloitte, the world’s largest professional services firm, brings 50 years of experience supporting DoD, Government agencies, and Fortune 500 commercial entities on complex strategy, IT, design, engineering and cybersecurity needs.